Did you know that not all contractors and sub-contractors are licensed and insured? Did you also know that when working with un-licensed and un-insured contractors, that you, the consumer, are liable for any accidents? Here are some tips and questions you can ask your contractor before starting any project to be sure you are using a reputable and qualified contractor:
- Ask to see the contractors State of Alabama Building License.
- Check the license expiration date.
- Ask for proof of Workers Comp Insurance.
- Ask for proof of General Liability Insurance.
- When buying a home, require an outside home inspector to inspect the home before starting any work or before moving in the home.
- When doing home construction, ask to see the contractors permits for each stage of work.